- ABOUT US
- PUBLIC PROGRAMS
- BUSINESS PROGRAMS
- SCHOOL PROGRAMS
- NEWS & EVENTS
A practical introduction to the art of the Chinese writing brush. Students will be introduced to the care and use of writing brushes, inkstones, inkblocks, and the paper - the four treasures of the scholar's studio.Students will learn how to write Chinese characters with a brush, beginning with simple exercises on brushstrokes and graduating to "standard script" (Kaishu) and other styles.
No previous knowledge of Chinese is necessary. The subject would suit students learning Chinese at all levels, and people with an interest in Chinese art and culture.
A practical introduction to the art of Chinese painting, using a writing brush. Students will be introduced to the care and use of writing brushes and other materials. They will learn the basics of brush techniques for painting, and will gain practice in painting the "impressionistic" (xieyi) style. A range of important themes will be covered, such as birds, flowers, and landscapes.
No knowledge of Chinese or previous experience in Chinese painting is necessary. The subject would suit students learning about Chinese culture and people with an interest in Chinese art and culture.
Term Dates for 2018
Term 1: January 29 - April 9
Term 2: April 23 - June 30
Term 3: July 16 - September 22
Term 4: October 8 - December 15
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 9035 8204 for more details.
TERM 3 ENROLMENTS
- Term 3 enrolments are now open. View the timetable.
- Course cost is $409.00 per ten week term (20 hours), and includes GST, textbook and all course materials. A 10% discount is offered to returning Confucius Institute Students, University of Melbourne staff, students and alumni.
- Please read our Enrolment Guidelines below before making payment.
For more information please contact: Ms Linlin Lu at email@example.com or call 9035 8204
- Enrolments are for a 10 week course of lessons (the Institute cannot accept week-by-week payments)
- Payments are requested prior to the commencement of the term;
- Refunds cannot be issued for withdrawals after the commencement of the term
- Refunds cannot be issued for missed classes.
- Mid-term enrolments will be accepted on a case-by-case basis
Thank you for your co-operation and understanding. For any enrolment enquiries please contact Ms Linlin Lu.